Wednesday, October 19, 2011

NaNo

I found out about something pretty cool a few days ago. November is "National Novel Writing Month."
In honor of this, many authors participate in writing an entire novel during the month of November. I haven't researched the details fully yet (been too busy writing myself), but I loved the concept.

So now, I'm trying to decide if I should participate as well. I figured I'd leave it up to my Guardians since I'm forced to do whatever they want anyway. I am currently writing the 3rd book in their series, and I'm 1/4 of the way done with it. I seriously doubt I'll finish the book in less than 2 weeks (#1: that would be insane, #2: editing takes FOREVER). But, that doesn't mean I could start on the 4th if the Guardians so will it.

Something I found interesting about this NaNo thing is that some of my fellow authors (who have participated before) explained how much better stuff they wrote when they were under this kind of pressure. A huge part of me is seriously curious about how I would do under this kind of pressure, and wonder if it is anything like the pressure you are under when under contract for books.

It might be good practice.

To find out about NaNo, go here: http://www.nanowrimo.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment