Saturday, July 2, 2011

Goals

In my first book, I stopped writing once I reached 80,000 words, thinking that I was done. Well, as it turned out, I was wrong, and I've ended up adding more than 20,000 words since then. In my 2nd book (which is a part of the same series), I've just reached 60,000 words, which means that I'm really close to my original stopping point on the original. My goal for the 4th of July weekend is to get 5,000 words so that I'm that much closer to an end product.

Last year, all four of the Writer Chics went to an RWA Conference in October. My goal then was to have my 1st book completed. This year, I'm switching it up a little. Do I want my 2nd book completed by then? Umm, yeah! But, I want even more. Not only do I want my 2nd book completed, but I want to have started on my 3rd. The only thing I can't decide on is if I want my 3rd book to be the 3rd book in the same series, or if I want to work on one of my YA novels.

Luckily I still  have time to decide. All I know is that I want my 3rd project well on its way before this year's conference.

1 comment:

  1. My vote is the YA novel. Why not switch it up and see what sells!

    ReplyDelete