Sunday, December 22, 2013

Getting back to business

I'm not going to lie...I let myself get lazy in my writing career. Whether it's been a needed break or if I just slacked off the last two months, I don't know. But what I do know is that it's time to get back on track. This coming March marks one year since the last release in my Primordial Guardians™ series. I had planned to write 3-4 books in that series during 2013, and I've let myself down in that regard. Yes, I've worked on other projects, and I've spent some much-needed and much-appreciated time with those that I love, but it's time to get crackin'.

Even if I can't find that energy or time right now, I know the time is fast-approaching. Soon, my little family will be experiencing a shift-change, I guess you could say, which will allow some alone-time. In the past, I've used that time for writing, and is how I wrote three full-length novels in less than a year (pre-baby, but three novels nonetheless). So if I can't squeeze in that time now, I know it's coming up.

On a side note, while I have not been keeping myself busy with writing, I have been tossing around marketing ideas. As we all know: writing the book isn't enough, we authors have to market them too.

I've been trying some different things to get my books in more people's hands. Since I self-published The Highlander's Curse, I've been able to drop the price and see how it affects my sales. For the paperback, I dropped the price from $10.99 to $8.99, and I lowered the eBook first from $2.99 to $1.99, and now I have it at $0.99 until the end of 2013. Since I self-published it, I can see its progress as often as I want, so it's been an interesting test. Come 2014, I'll decide what sale price I want to set my book at. If I don't see much of a difference in sales, it may just go back up to $2.99, if not more.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Definitely let us know how your test goes with pricing.

    ReplyDelete