Thursday, August 18, 2011

Alright... I did it


I decided that I would go for it. I spent a little time yesterday researching editors and found one that I decided was worth a shot. I sent my first five pages to to her so that I can see a sample of her work. Of course, sending this to her immediately made my stomach flip flop and I'm feeling nervous and excited about it. What if she thinks my writing sucks? What if the storyline is boring to her (which I don't have to worry about yet since its just the first five pages--which I happen to like quite a bit)? On the flip side, what if she really likes my work? What if we turn out to be an amazing team? I already have an incredible critique group, and their feedback has been invaluable... which reminds me, I need to send them my second book... But I still can't get over the nervousness that this has created.

That coupled with the fact that I'm still waiting to hear back on the Writers Contest has got me (literally) biting my nails and my lips.

I'm going crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment